Anthroposophical research extends into many areas and there are thousands of initiatives inspired by the work of Rudolf Steiner and anthroposophy.
This is the home page for communications programs of the Anthroposophical Society in America. We also list and link to some of the many other English-language print and online resources for those interested in anthroposophy.
The sources include sections of the School for Spiritual Science, some leading initiatives, the General Anthroposophical Society at the Goetheanum, and other international publications and resources.
being human is about "personal and cultural renewal in the 21st century." It is the magazine of the Anthroposophical Society in America since 2011 combining the previous News for Members, Journal for Anthroposophy (see below), and the book review of the Rudolf Steiner Library Newsletter. It includes sections on initiatives, arts and ideas, research and book reviews, and news for members and friends. Recent issues are available online.
being human is partially supported by advertising; more information is available here.
being human online is the monthly e-news of the Society.
Classics from the Journal for Anthroposophy
The Journal for Anthroposophy was begun in 1965 and published more extended essays than the Society's newsletter. Recently ten thematic collections of past articles were created with new introductory essays, under the overall editorship of Robert McDermott, president emeritus of the California Institute for Integral Studies.
These ten classic editions are available for order individually or as a set:
The central region and several branches of the US society publish newsletters.
- Communications for members in the central region of the USA are online here.
Use the email link to request being added to these mailing lists.
- The Listener for the area of Spring Valley, NY and adjacent NJ and CT (email)
- Chanticleer for the Berkshire-Taconic region of NY and MA (email)
- The Southeast Pennsylvania Branch Newsletter (email)
- The Portland (Oregon) branch newsletter (email)
- The newsletter of the Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay Branch, CA (email)
Other groups and branches have mailing lists; use the website links or the contact listings to inquire.
Associations and individual anthroposophically-inspired initatives and sections of the School for Spiritual Science in North America publish regular newsletters related to their fields of research and collaboration.
- Renewal magazine, published by Waldorf Publications along with a range of research bulletins and study guides.
- Biodynamics, the journal of the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association
- Lilipoh, an independent quarterly journal of "the spirit in life"
- In Context, the journal of the Nature Institute, is available free to all online
- NETFUTURE: Science, Technology, and Human Responsibility. which now links to the "Biology Worthy of Life Project" page.
- Newsletter of the Art Section on the section's North American website.
- Eurythmy Association of North America newsletter, available to members.
- Good Mountain Press Literary Reviews by Bobby Matherne of 150+ books of Rudolf Steiner, plus many other authors
Anthroposophy Worldwide, international edition, for members of the Anthroposophical Society, is a good way to receive:
- international news of the anthroposophical movement
- regular reports from the Goetheanum
- reports from the School of Spiritual Science
- international readers' forum
- reports from the sections and general secretaries
- interviews with interesting active members
Ten 12-page issues per year will be sent from Europe to your home. Request a subscription (click here) on the Goetheanum website. The on-line edition is free. Donations are gratefully accepted.
Also from the General Anthroposophical Society at the Goetheanum, in Dornach, Switzerland, come print and electronic communications in English and German.
From Perseus Verlag in Basel comes The Present Age, edited by Thomas Meyer.
From the UK comes the important quarterly print journal New View, inspired by anthroposophy.
Activities and connections in England, Scotland, and Wales are reported on the website of the Anthroposophical Society in Great Britain, and a substantial newsletter is published for members in Great Britain.
Also available in English are these publications and resources:
- Glimpses / Aperçus from the Anthroposophical Society in Canada
- Pacifica Journal from the Anthroposophical Society in Hawai'i (online)
- The newsletter of the Anthroposophical Society in Ireland (online)
- Deepening Anthroposophy, an initiative of Thomas O'Keefe in association with the Ita Wegman Institute (email the editor).
- Articles at the site Anthroposophical Initiatives in India
- Articles at the website of the Anthroposophical Society in Australia
- The AS in New Zealand (online)
We welcome additions and corrections to this list.