The Rudolf Steiner Library is the lending and mail-order library of the Anthroposophical Society in America.
NOTICE: The library is now closed in preparation for our move to a new location. Our expected re-opening date is Fall 2014.
Closed: expected re-opening date is Fall 2014.
The Rudolf Steiner Library houses an eclectic collection of rare breadth and depth—we encourage you to explore it.
- Over 27,000 volumes.
- All available Rudolf Steiner titles in both English and German.
- Hundreds of unpublished manuscripts of Steiner essays and lectures in English.
- Extensive commentary on Steiner's life and work.
- Works by other anthroposophical authors, classic and contemporary, in both English and German.
- Waldorf education: curriculum, child development, and other topics of particular interest to teachers and parents.
- Books covering the full spectrum of Western spirituality.
- Select volumes on Eastern and other spiritual traditions.
- Growing multimedia selection: CDs, DVDs, online resources.
When reopened, we will again offer bibliographic research on specific themes and topics.
Search the library catalog.
The booklet on the transition plan for the Rudolf Steiner Library handed out at the Annual General Meeting is available here to view or print. This booklet outlines the plan for caring for the extensive collection housed in the Rudolf Steiner Library and transitioning it to a new environment that will make the materials more secure, more accessible, and better preserved. Please feel free to distribute this booklet in electronic or printed form to anyone that you think may have an interest. We especially encourage leaving printed booklets in branches, offices, and other locations where members may chance across it.
HINT: This file is meant to be printed as a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded booklet. To print it in this way, simply open the file in Acrobat Reader, select "Print", and in the print dialog box choose the drop-down menu option for "booklet printing." If you would like several copies to distribute, you may download the file and take it to your local print shop and tell them you would like it printed as a booklet, folded, and stapled.
Rudolf Steiner Library
PO Box 800, Philmont, NY 12565-0800
Phone: (518) 672-7690
Email: rsteinerlibrary (at) gmailcom
Anthroposophical Society in America
1923 Geddes Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1797
Email: info (at) anthroposophyorg