The Rudolf Steiner Library is the research, archival, lending, and mail-order library of the Anthroposophical Society in America. It is a unique resource for the on-going conversation about humanity's future.
The library is open at our new location in Hudson, NY.
Our hours are 10am to 3pm, Wednesday through Saturday.
The Rudolf Steiner Library has reopened and has resumed lending, receiving returns, and renewing.
Our new address is [map]:
Rudolf Steiner Library
351 Fairview Avenue, Ste 610
Hudson, NY 12534-1259
You may still reimburse the library for postage costs by mailing us a check or stamps, but if you have a Paypal account, you can now pay the library for postage by directing your Paypal payment to email@example.com
Books are once again available for lending, and you can search the library catalog online.
The Waldorf Educational Foundation has awarded a grant of $15,000 to the Anthroposophical Society in America that will enable the society’s national research and lending library, the Rudolf Steiner Library in Hudson, New York, to offer free one-year individual memberships to Waldorf school faculty and staff, Waldorf teacher trainees, and parents of Waldorf school students at any of the Waldorf schools and teacher training centers in the continental United States, for the period September 1, 2016, through August 31, 2017.
The Rudolf Steiner Library houses an eclectic collection of rare breadth and depth—we encourage you to explore it.
- Over 27,000 volumes.
- All available Rudolf Steiner titles in both English and German.
- Hundreds of unpublished manuscripts of Steiner essays and lectures in English.
- Extensive commentary on Steiner's life and work.
- Works by other anthroposophical authors, classic and contemporary, in both English and German.
- Waldorf education: curriculum, child development, and other topics of particular interest to teachers and parents.
- Books covering the full spectrum of Western spirituality.
- Select volumes on Eastern and other spiritual traditions.
- Growing multimedia selection: CDs, DVDs, online resources.
We have reopened, and we will again offer bibliographic research on specific themes and topics.
The Rudolf Steiner Library has reopened. For borrowing, returning, or renewing you may contact the librarian at 518-944-7007 or the email address below.
Rudolf Steiner Library
351 Fairview Ave Ste 610
Hudson NY 12534-1259 USA
Email: rsteinerlibrary (at) gmailcom
Anthroposophical Society in America
1923 Geddes Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1797
Email: info (at) anthroposophyorg