The Anthroposophical Society is a non-profit, non-sectarian association devoted to furthering the work of Rudolf Steiner. The only requirement for membership is that you acknowledge the value of Rudolf Steiner's work in the world. Beyond that, you may choose to participate in the activity of the Society at whatever level interests you.
You can also print and complete this PDF form and mail it to the Anthroposophical Society in America, 1923 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104. You may also fax the form to 734-662-1727, or you can call our office at 734-662-9355.
As a member you will receive:
- Membership in the General Anthroposophical Society, a global community founded by Rudolf Steiner in 1923 with its home offices at the Goetheanum, in Dornach, Switzerland.
- The print edition of being human – our quarterly publication featuring initiatives out of anthroposophy, arts, ideas, a gallery, research and reviews, and including member news – along with other communications services and resources.
- Free borrowing privileges at the Rudolf Steiner Library, the Society’s national mail-order lending library.
As a Society member...
- you may also apply after two years for membership in the School for Spiritual Science, founded in 1924 by Rudolf Steiner as an esoteric school for spiritual scientific research and study.
Financial participation & suggested contribution:
The Society needs the support of members and friends to carry out its work. Membership in the Society may involve many possible forms of participation and is not dependent on one’s financial contribution. Contact the office if you are in circumstances which make a contribution difficult – we are happy to work with you.
Total membership contributions should cover the cost of US Society activities and services as well as the annual $40-per-member contribution made to support of the work of the General Society at the Goetheanum.
Contributions can be made annually or at 1-, 3-, or 6-month intervals.
- $180/year ($15/month) - average needed per member to meet Society expenses
- $240/year ($20/month) - helps meet the average needed by compensating for those with limited incomes
- $120/year ($10/month)
- $60/year ($15/quarter) - suggested minimum, covers cost of being human and Goetheanum support